Welcome to The Consumer/Survivor TimeBank of Toronto
The Consumer/Survior TimeBank of Toronto was started in 2013 with three main goals:
To offer alternative and complementary forms of supports to people who have experienced the psychiatric system;
To build connections between memebers of the consumer/survivor/mad community in Toronto and beyond;
To support our empowerment through improving quality of life of people who have experienced the psychiatric system
We recognize that each person has talents to share, and that the overall community is strengthened when neighbors help one another. For every hour that you help meet the needs of another member, you earn a time credit for the exchange. This time credit can then be redeemed for services from others.
WE are FREE and Peer Run on a voluntary basis. We are funded by the Reva Gerstein Legacy Fund.
Getting Started with our TimeBank:
- Create a login and fill out your member profile.
- Attend an orientation or complete an online orientation.
- Post some skills and talents you have to offer other members.
- Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests of offers you've posted.
- After you've communicating with a neighbor and determining a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements how to coordinate the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.